Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Too Much Candy?

I remember trick or treating as a child.  Halloween was my FAVORITE holiday.  My parents didn't spend a lot of money on going out to eat or treats like candy when I was a child.  Or at least my memory of my childhood did not involve getting candy at the grocery check out or weekly runs to McDonalds.  The consequence of this was that I REALLY appreciated getting those occasional treats.  I also LOVED Halloween because, to me, it was a free-for-all!  I loved dressing up and being someone different.  As a very shy child I loved being able to pretend like I was someone else and ask complete strangers for candy.


I remember coming home and sorting through our loot.  My sister, brother & I would section off our part of the living room floor and then categorize our candy.

Being a working mom I have to find time in my day to make the candy run before Halloween. I definitely can't make this run with kids in tow as that would be a recipe for disaster!  I don't like to go too soon because then I'm tempted to eat some of the loot before the big night.  I don't want to go too late either because then I'm left with bubble gum & pixie sticks as choices.  Unfortunately this week has been too hectic so I had to go today, Halloween Eve, during my lunch break.  (see previous blog entry on lunch breaks)

Note to self:  Do NOT go buy Halloween candy BEFORE eating lunch.  Let's say my eyeballs were a bit too big for my pocket book.


No comments:

Post a Comment